- GATE provides all players more training opportunities as part of their club membership than any program in the southeast. Our focus of each practice is to maximize the repetitions each player receives. We provide the highest level of training in the southeast.
- “Free Play” Training. We are the only club in the southeast that offers weekly “free play” training sessions. This training method is the fastest way for lacrosse players to learn the necessary skills to play at the elite level. This model of training is as much fun as games for players!
- Fall Training Overview – All MS players will have each week 2 field practices and one training session at The HUB, GATE’s indoor training facility. At least one training session will be “free play” training.
- Fall Training Schedule – Practices will start the week of September 14 and continue through the winter tournament.
Strength & Conditioning Training/The HUB Indoor Training Facility
GATE has the largest indoor lacrosse training facility in the Georgia. Our large open space area is the perfect locations for all teams to train year round regardless of weather. GATE is the only lacrosse club team in south to have a full time Strength and Conditioning Coordinator on staff. Diron Bates was hired this summer to work with all of our club team members on the strength and condition side of training.
- Weight Room – We have added a full weight room at the HUB to provide all GATE athletes the ability to complete Strength and Conditioning Training under one roof.
- As part of our training program, all members will be provided weekly strength and conditioning training workouts from Diron and his staff. Diron will also have open gym times each week for all players to complete their training in a supervised setting. The training will be specific to MS aged players.
Our 2020 Fall/Winter Tournament schedule:
- All MS club members will play in six (6) events during the lacrosse year (2 in the fall, 1 in the winter, and 3 in the summer). At least four (4) of these events will be national level events.
- All MS club members will be able to sign up for at least one additional optional event in the fall and summer at an additional fee.
- Adrenaline Gold Cup – NOV 7-8. All teams attending will play both days.
- Southside Holiday Invitational– NOV 14-15. Most competitive local event in the fall.
- US Club Lax Nationals – JAN 1-3. The best holiday tournament in the country with some of the best programs in the country attending.
Our 2021 Summer Tournament schedule will be announced in OCT once events have set their dates for the year.
- Each player will receive a complete uniform for the lacrosse year. Uniforms includes a jersey, game shorts, and shooter shirt.
- Each player will receive a complete player pack for the year in the fall.
- As club team members, all players will receive discounted pricing for additional classes and training offered at the HUB during the year including personal training with Diron and his staff outside of the provided training sessions, Yoga classes for athletes, athletic stretching classes and more.
- Game Film – GATE will secure provide to players game film at all events where MS aged groups are filmed during the year.